1 August 2014

LETTER ONE

My first letter is to someone who gave me many of my firsts and for that, I cannot thank you enough.

You made me realise the beauty in everything. You taught me to appreciate the beauty in the sky, the fresh air, other people. With you, everyone's flaws were their perfections and you did the impossible and saw my faults as beauties. 

I thought you were perfect. You gave me all I ever thought I needed.

These words run jumbled together. I haven't fully organised them in my head. I plan to keep typing and see where that takes me so forgive me if I make no sense. Of course, you've done that plenty of times.

I can remember it all and every memory is precious. You are that person I will forever classify as my childhood. 

It is a wonder that you stuck with me for that long. I was unbearable. I was always too tired to talk to you. I made no effort to keep you in my life. I expected you to. You did. 

The thing I remember most is how on the days I couldn't see you, I would quietly whisper before I went to bed. I would whisper as if you were there and could hear the promises I made to the empty air. 

In some ways, I do not know who was better. Sometimes I did feel like the better person but sometimes I would open my oblivious eyes and see you for who you really were. You were young and already, you had mastered perfection. You annoyed me so much of course but in the end, it was worth it. It made me smile. 

I miss the way you you poked me to get my attention, I miss the way you'd shake your head when you laughed. I miss the way you taught me how to kick a football and I miss they way you hugged me after it hit me on the head. I miss the way you did these things but I don't even know if I miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment